Monday, February 3, 2014

Drama


I thought that once my adult life started, there would be less drama in it - both figuratively and literally. But that's not the case at all.

I've always been a sympathetic person, but I'm terrible and trying to read other people if it involves me. Relationships are really difficult, and I'm not only referring to romantically. It's hard to make a physical effort to maintain a friendship - to contact them, make them happy, keep a healthy, honest atmosphere. I like it, but at the same time I don't. The more friends you make, the more drama is involved.
He said, she said, they said, etc. That's without including the awkward territory of trying to be friends with someone you used to date.

"Hey, I know we broke up, but we can still be friends."

"Hey, your dog died, but you can still keep it."

I guess I would be lying if I said I didn't want that friendship, though. When you're that close to someone for so long - when you share everything with them, it's impossible to not want them nearby. I mean, it's easier if they're a jerk. But it's hard when they're still somebody worth caring about, someone you can't possibly look at the same ever again. And that's probably why they say you shouldn't stay friends - because you can't fully consider them only a friend after everything you shared.
I'm getting off topic.

I hate free-writing like this, because too many things come out, and some things are better left unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment