Monday, February 10, 2014

String

String.

I wonder how the string on a balloon would feel, if it were given that personification. To be tied to something that's always going higher, wandering, floating, and to be aimlessly led along. Would it wish it were the balloon? Free, light, with no mind or reason to where it wants to go.
Sometimes I feel like I'm that string. Tied to these different people, places, and memories, being tugged along because I'm not strong enough to let go.

Does the string fray? Does it lose value the longer it holds on, keeping the balloon together, hanging there? The balloon has to be tied before a string it attached, so I wonder if it were to let go, would the balloon still continue on? It probably would.

They probably would.

The string has no use if it isn't holding onto something. It might take a while before anyone would want to use it for anything else. I wonder how long it would take before I would find another face, another memory to grasp onto.

I wish I were the balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment